Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Archives of the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle
Bishops' Registry Records
George Henry Stanton
Bishop of Newcastle, 1890 - 1905
- Correspondence, 1900.
- Letter book, 1893 - 1905.
- Confirmation book, 1902 - 1907.
- Report of welcome to Dr. Stanton on his first visit to St. Mary's Parish, West Maitland, 1891.
- Photographs of Bishop Stanton, 1890.
- Photograph of Archdeacon Plume and a black boy.
- Academic Hood [transferred to map case, 26.3.1992].
- Bishop Stanton's death notices, Maitland Mercury, 5th - 11th December, 1905.
- Wooden box with illuminated address presented to George Henry Stanton.
- Notes on Bishop Stanton in the records of A.P. Elkin, [n.d.].
Above right: THE RIGHT REV. DR. STANTON, BISHOP OF NORTH QUEENSLAND. (1878, September 28). The Australasian Sketcher with Pen and Pencil (Melbourne, Vic. : 1873 - 1889), p. 109. Retrieved April 10, 2015, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article60622393