Bishops' Registry Records
(see also Guide to Christ Church Cathedral Archives ):
- Diocesan legal documents, 1848 - 1947, relating to Church lands, schools, Tyrrell trusts, legislation, litigation, etc. (including old deeds, legal opinions, litigation papers, abstracts of title, terriers of Church lands, documents relating to gifts, bequests and trusts, sundry ordinances, extracts from old Government Gazettes, and minor related legal correspondence).
- Sentence of Consecration of Saint Columba Church at Cassilis, 16th September, 1878.
- Legal correspondence, 1853 - 1940.
- Diocesan legal correspondence and map relating to the first Newcastle Glebe at the corner of Bolton and Church Sts., Newcastle, 1834 - 1856.
- Legal records and correspondence relating to Blandford/Newcastle Proprietary Grammar School, 1877 - 1886.
- Minute Book, 1924 - 1943 including Minutes of Meetings of:-
- Organization Committee;
- Board of Enquiry; Cathedral Chapter;
- Standing Committee;
- Advisory Committee;
- Church Aid Fund.
- Minute Book Grammar School for Boys and Grammar School for Girls, 1923 - 1953.
- Minute Book, 1923 - 1943 including Minutes of Meetings of:-
- Diocesan Fire Insurance Board;
- Social and Industrial Problems Committee;
- Cathedral Council;
- Boundaries Commission;
- Missions Committee;
- Evangelistic Council;
- Insurance Commissioners;
- Guarantee and Loan Fund Commissioners;
- Girls Hostel Committee;
- Religious Education Committee;
- Home for Children Committee;
- Various Sub-Committees.
- Boundaries Commission minute book and caveats, 1913.
- Board of Enquiry minutes and report, 1923.
- Registrars diaries, 1908 - 1910.
- Letter book of R.M. Walker, 1891 - 1913.
- Letter books, 1897 - 1914.
- Correspondence, 1917 - 1929.
- Correspondence, 1928 - 1936.
- Correspondence, 1921 - 1959.
- Correspondence, 1924 - 1962.
- Applications for accountant, 1955.
- Anglican Department of Social Work files, 1968 - 1973.
- Bennett's Estate file, 1922 - 1930.
- Book Depot files, 1868 - 1930.
- Bray Library files, 1934 - 1942.
- Boy Scouts correspondence, 1927 - 1929.
Broadcasting Committee file, 1944 - 1965.
- C.A. Brown Anglican Village files, 1958 -1977. [See also A5271].
- C.A. Brown Anglican Village correspondence, 1944 - 1973.
- Newcastle Regional Voluntary Geriatrics Association files, 1967 - 1974. [See also A5271].
- Council of Social Service of N.S.W., circulars, reports and printed material, 1968 - 1976.
- Newcastle Regional Development Group reports, 1972 -1975.
(See also Guide to Christ Church Cathedral Archives ):
- Christ Church Land Mortgage Ordinance, 1925.
- Church Property Committee minutes, 1925.
- Cathedral Council, Cathedral Chapter correspondence, 1913 - 1930.
- Vestry minute book, 1948 - 1952.
- Cathedral Council, Cathedral Chapter correspondence, 1930 - 1973.
- Cathedral Building Fund Committee letter book, 1876 - 1894.
- Reports and financial statements, 1934.
- Newcastle Cathedral : its history in pictures for 100 years, 1812 - 1912.
Trustees of Church of England Cemetery files:
(See also Parish correspondence files).
- Minute books, 1891 - 1942.
- Letter books, 1899 - 1935.
- Financial reports, 1881 - 1884.
- Sandgate Cemetery correspondence, 1856 - 1947. [See also A5301 and A5303].
- Correspondence relating to various cemeteries, 1886 - 1946.
- Correspondence with Department of Lands, 1934 - 1941. Necropolis Act 1901
(See also cemetery correspondence in parish files).
- Land transaction concerning Patrick & Thomas Humphries, 1823. Burial certificates, 1919.
- Information on oldest known graves in Sandgate Cemetery.
- Burial applications of Oliver Gregory Lovell, 1931 and Agnes Little, 1931.
- Cemetery regulations, 1892 - 1937. [See also A5301 and A5303].
- Index to grave purchases, 1883 - 1889.
- Burial registers, 1881 - 1914.
- Church of England League of Patriotic Service, (C.E.L.O.P.S) and C.E.L.O.P.S. Hostel files, 1939 - 1947.
- C.E.L.O.P.S. Journal, 1940 - 1942.
- Centenary correspondence, 1946 - 1947.
- Centenary correspondence, 1947 - 1952.
- Central Buying Committee file, 1926.
- Church Aid Fund minute books, 1897 - 1923.
- Church Aid Fund correspondence, 1916 - 1930.
- Church Aid Fund cash books, 1897 - 1930.
- Church Army files, 1942 - 1969.
- Civic Rehabilitation Committee minute book, 1974 - 1975.
- Civics and Morals Committee minutes and lists of members, 1917 - 1918.
(See also "Records from Clergy and Individuals").
Aged and Infirm Clergy Committee minute book, 1892 - 1922 includes:
- N.S.W. Act to vary the trusts in the will of Bishop William Tyrrell and to extend powers of managing lands held under such will, 1910.
- Correspondence 1914, 1919; Correspondence Trustees Church Property, 1916; Correspondence Synod, 1920.
- Treasurer's Statements of Clergy Widow & Orphan Fund, 1922; Diocesan Insurance Commission Fund, 1922; Cathedral Council, 1922.
- Clergy files including Provident Fund, 1910 - 1965.
- Clergy Widows and Orphans Fund files, 1938 - 1956.
- Stipend reference registers, 1925 - 1944.
- Stipend tax book, 1933 - 1939.
- Budgets (including children's homes, 1960 - 1974). [See also B7578].
- Finance Committee statements and correspondence, 1928 - 1937.
- Financial statements, 1962 - 1965.
- Ledgers, 1903 - 1919. [See also B5295].
- Ledger and cash book, 1875 - 1889.
- Auditors reports on various funds, 1919.
- Cash books, 1891 - 1930. [See also A5295].
- Accounting records, 1935 - 1940. Index to Diocesan diary, 1891 - 1895.
- Food parcels correspondence, 1949.
- Walter and Eliza Hall Trust correspondence, 1919 - 1930.
- General Synod Insurance Commission report, 1931.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Church of England Insurance Company of Australia Limited, 1929.
- Insurance Commissioner's correspondence, 1915 - 1930.
- Insurance correspondence, 1931 - 1965. [See also B7256].
- Clergy Funds files, 1891 - 1930.
- Release of Charles Markham Mills, 1905.
- Fire insurance files, 1913 - 1930. [See also A5273].
- Ecclesiastical Assurance Company of Australia reports and Articles of Association, 1922 - 1929.
- Schedules of Diocesan insurance paid, 1927 - 1930.
- Lists of insurances, 1918 - 1925.
- Insurance Companies' reports, 1927 - 1930.
- Correspondence relating to Bruce Knox, 1926 - 1930.
- Liaison Committee correspondence, 1960 -1963.
- Marriage Guidance Council files, 1961 -1965.
- Men's Brotherhood correspondence, 1931 -1932.
- Missions Committee minute book, 1909 - 1926.
- Missions Committee cash book, 1914 - 1918.
- Board of Missions of the Church of England in Australia and Tasmania, minutes of first meeting, October, 1917.
- Australian Board of Missions minutes, 1943.
- Board of Missions Corresponding Committee minute book, 1892 - 1910.
- Board of Missions Corresponding Committee memoranda of lodgments, 1900 - 1922.
- Constitutions of Missionary Organisations 1936 - 1945.
- Missions correspondence, 1919 - 1945.
- An account of work by Sisters of the Holy Name, Melbourne, 1925. (Elkin papers).
- Missions correspondence, 1930 - 1969.
- Missions to Seamen correspondence, 1925 -1930.
- Home missions pamphlets, 1966 - 1967.
- Rethinking the White Australia Policy, by A.P. Elkin.
- Journal article "Missionary possibilities in Post War Japan".
- Home Missions Auxiliary general information file, 1963 - 1976.
- Mortgages correspondence relating to the Hudson family, 1931 - 1946.
- Newcastle Civil Rehabilitation Committee file, 1965 - 1975.
- Newcastle 150th Anniversary celebrations, 1938.
- Correspondence with other Diocese, 1910 - 1973. [See also A5293].
- Diocese of Bathurst history and statements.
- Presentation Board correspondence, 1930.
- Printing files, 1964 - 1968.
- Correspondence and lists of clergy licensed to celebrate marriages, 1915 -1926.
- Religious education correspondence, 1921 -1930.
- Religious Education Committee Journal, 1926 - 1930.
- Rehabilitation Scheme correspondence, 1932 - 1940.
- Radio and television correspondence, 1955 - 1959.
- Social and Industrial Problems Committee correspondence and minutes, 1930 - 1931.
- Social Questions Committee correspondence, 1961 - 1963.
- Stanton Memorial Chaplaincy Committee
- Files, 1906 - 1909, 1925 - 1929.
- F.A. Timbury personal correspondence, 1956 - 1968 includes Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Anglican Press Limited, 1936.
- Bishop Tyrrell Trust Acts and Amendments, 1909 - 1923;
- Trust Fund correspondence and receipts, 1929.
- Tyrrell Trust account book, 1928 - 1931.
- Diocese of Bathurst history and statements, 1965 - 1966.
- Copies of Lech Walesa's letter relating to his Nobel Peace Prize, 1984.
- St. Hilda's Hostel for Girls files, 1918 - 1978. [See also A5271, A6018, B7638a-b].
B7639-B7642 and A5305-A5307
- St. Margaret's Hostel files, 1914 - 1972. and [See also B7645, B7649, B7651-B7652].
St. John's Theological College Morpeth files:
- College Council minute book, 1925 - 1954.
- Correspondence, 1925 - 1929.
- Correspondence, 1924 - 1974.
- Building files including plans and specifications, 1920 - 1926.
- Plan of [proposed] St. John's College, including proposal to create the first University College in Australia, 1927.
- Order forms for Morpeth Review.
- Candidates for ordination, 1915 - 1930.
- Chaplains Examinations, 1924 - 1925.
- Theological students correspondence, 1925 - 1930.
- Receipt book, 1925 - 1938.
- Legal records relating to schools, 1848 -1947.
- Blandford School
- Legal records and correspondence, 1877 -1886.
- Photograph of place where Rev. G.A. Middleton conducted his school near Morpeth.
- Newcastle Proprietary Grammar School
- Legal records and correspondence, 1877 -1886.
- Newcastle Church of England Grammar School for Boys
- Correspondence, 1920 - 1930.
- Correspondence, 1924 - 1944.
- Correspondence, 1931 - 1967.
- Class roll books, 1926 - 1941.
- Purchase journals, 1934 - 1943.
- Annual accounts, 1941 - 1949.
- Bishop Housden's correspondence, 1959 -1972;
- Broughton School for Boys, (pamphlet, n.d.).
- A history of the Boys Grammar School by James Bromley.
- The Church of England Grammar School, Morpeth: Prospectus, 1952.
- Newcastle Grammar School for Girls
- Correspondence, 1926 - 1930.
- Correspondence, 1918 - 1973.
- Applications for Headmistress, 1951, 1959, 1965.
- Accounting records, 1920 - 1948.
- The Mitre, 1919 - 1974. [See also A5264].
- Church of England Grammar School for Girls, Newcastle, prospectus, 1920's.
- The School on the Hill: history of Newcastle Grammar School, 1918 - 1978 by Elizabeth Hicks, 1978.
- Oral history interview with Mrs. Kath Stewart, Headmistress, 1968 - 1976 by O. McCready.
- Bishop Housden's correspondence, 1958 - 1972.
- Youth Council Fund Ledger, 1956 - 1970.
Trustees of Church Property (T.C.P.) files:
- Land conveyance book, 1833 - 1923.
- Terriers of church lands, 1841 - 1917.
- List of property belonging to the Diocese.
- Land Ordinances: Mayfield, Muswellbrook, Adamstown, Kurri, 1919, 1923, 1929.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Anglican Press Limited, 1936.
- Valuer General's correspondence, 1965 -1966. Reports on Royal Commission into local government finance, 1965 - 1966.
- Legal correspondence, 1896 - 1930.
- Legal correspondence, 1853 - 1940;
- Legal correspondence, 1899 - 1901;
- Legal records and correspondence relating to Blandford/Newcastle Proprietary Grammar School, 1877 - 1886;
- Legal correspondence relating to Goadsby, A.I.F. deceased, 1919.
- Legal correspondence relating to church lands, 1860, 1867, 1898.
- Bishop Tyrrell Trust Acts and Amendments, 1909 - 1923.
- Trust Fund correspondence and receipts, 1929.
- Minute book, 1916 - 1923.
- Minutes, 1919, 1923, 1929.
- T.C.P. list of liabilities, (n.d.) Annual report, 1909.
- Correspondence, 1892 - 1958.
- Correspondence, 1960 - 1973.
Correspondence, 1903 - 1913.
- Correspondence with state offices, 1891 -1908.
- Correspondence relating to Diocesan Northern boundary, and Bode Estate, 1899 -1906.
- Correspondence relating to Port Macquarie lands, 1899 - 1903.
- Correspondence, 1896 - 1917.
- Colonial Secretary and Lands Department correspondence, 1833 - 1886.
- Correspondence and ordinances relating to Lands at Hamilton, Stockton, Maitland, Gosford, St. Albans, Melville and Adamstown, 1893 - 1902.
- Melville correspondence, 1902. Files relating to various parishes, 1903 -1907.
- Correspondence relating to properties and sites, 1948 - 1971.
- Correspondence relating to Land Tax, 1896.
- Correspondence with I.W. Pender - relating to Children's Homes, Booragul home, St. John's College, 1956 - 1971.
- Correspondence with J.H.F. Waller, 1917 -1929.
- Correspondence with T.C.P. adviser, 1913 -1920.
- Death notice of F.W. Croaker, 1920.
- Correspondence with Colonel Ranclaud, 1918 - 1925.
- Bishop's correspondence, 1931 - 1960.
- Bishopscourt correspondence, 1931 - 1960.
- Bishopscourt correspondence, 1925 - 1926.
- Specifications for painting Bishopscourt.
- Bishopscourt cash book, 1871.
- Report on Bishopscourt, Newcastle, 1925.
- Cathedral Glebe correspondence and valuation notices, 1933 - 1958.
- Trustees of Christ Church Glebe, 1878 -1928.
- Legal correspondence relating to church lands, 1860, 1867, 1898.
- Legal correspondence relating to the first Newcastle Glebe, 1834 - 1856.
- "Kenalea" correspondence, 1963 - 1973.
- St. Stephen's House correspondence, 1924 -1939.
- Woolridge Orphanage file, 1897 - 1937.
- Will of John Woolridge, 1852.
- Telford St. properties including Tyrrell House and Tyrrell Hall, 1921 - 1956.
- Telford St. property, 1919 - 1926.
- Tyrrell House correspondence, 1925 -1926.
- Correspondence relating to the recording of the architect and builder on a stone at Tyrrell House, 1990 and press clippings on the opening of the Tea Room and Synod Hall, 1921.
- Land and Newcastle properties including Cathedral Glebe and Merewether, 1946 - 1954.
- Newcastle properties, 1949 - 1966.
- Adelphi Theatre, Telarah correspondence, 1949 - 1960.
- Rohallion files, 1959 - 1966.
- Church property expense account book, 1892 - 1904.
- East Maitland property, 1949 - 1957.
- Report on the Boys' Home, Morpeth, 1925.
- Trustees of Church Property interest book, 1917 - 1922.
- Insurance property returns, 1926 and schedule, 1933.
- Correspondence from the Archdeacon of Durham concerning Muswellbrook School Trust, 1912.
- Merewether and Cathedral Glebe Municipal rates for 1935.
- T.C.P. correspondence relating to property in various parishes, 1908.
- T.C.P. correspondence and related papers, 1903 - 1905 includes tracing of a map of Parish of Papran (n.d.).
- Correspondence relating to Parish borrowing, 1963 - 1966.
- Valuer General correspondence and valuation notices, 1920 - 1930.
Brenda Station files
- Brenda Station correspondence, 1883 -1907.
- Brenda Station correspondence, 1904 - 1958.
- Brenda Station correspondence, 1914 - 1972.
- Brenda Station files, 1917 - 1973.
A5281-A5288, B7733-B7736, A5279-A5280
- Brenda Station accounting records, 1881 - 1958.
- Brenda Station photographs, 1949.
- Bishop Housden's Brenda Station correspondence, 1959 - 1972.
- Brenda Station plans and specification, 1947.
- Brenda Station photographs, 1900, 1949.
Plans and specifications of church property:
- Nelson Bay Rectory, (n.d.). St. Alban's Church, Charlestown, 1972.
- C.A. Brown Homes for the Aged, specification.
- St. Stephen's Church, Adamstown, 1972.
- St. Matthew's Church, Wingham, 1971.
- All Saints' Church, Woodville, 1965.
- St. Thomas' Church Hall, Cardiff, 1972.
- Cundletown curator's cottage.
- Singleton Rectory, (n.d.).
- All Saints Church, The Entrance, 1970.
- Kincumber Rectory, 1966.
- Newcastle Diocesan Youth Council Fund. Minutes, 1965 - 1970.
- Financial records, 1963 - 1972.
- Plans and specifications for proposed bungalows at Yondaio for Diocesan Youth Committee, (ca.1963).
- Information relating to consecration and dedication of churches in the Diocese, 1840 - 1934.
- Guild of Sacred Study, Noraville file, 1918 - 1921.
- Lodge certificate of Ebenezer Richard Hall, Scone, 1910.
- Vaccination certificate of Renediger Sinbert, 1950.
- Anonymous diary (n.d.).
- Correspondence between William H. Channon and General Industries Limited, July, 1950.
- Diocese of Newcastle packing list and information of Registers of births, deaths and marriages.
- Pen drawings signed N.C. Father Drake. Archdeacon Anscombe. W.A.M. Reay Campbell. Archdeacon White. Canon Rann. Cannon Ritchie. (contained in envelope addressed to H.C.V. Mather).
- Panegyric of James Waller, (n.d.).
- Plan of proposed building, to be constructed in Watt St., for the Diocese, and letter, 1920.
- Facsimile of first edition of Maitland Mercury facsimile published 1933