Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Archives of the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle
Bishops' Registry Records - Photographs
Books of photographs and plans of churches and rectories in The Diocese of Newcastle (compiled 1914 - 1921) - including:
- All Saints, Boolaroo - Plan
- All Saints, Kendall - Photo
- All Saints, Kendall - Plan
- All Saints, Narara - Page
- All Saints, Singleton - Photo
- All Saints, Singleton - Plan
- Christ Church, Dungog - Photo
- Christ Church, Dungog - Photo 2
- Christ Church, Dungog - Plan
- Christ Church, Dungog - Plan 2
- Christ Church, Gosford - Photo
- Christ Church, Gosford - Photo 2
- Christ Church, Gosford - Plan
- Christ Church, Gosford - Plan 2
- Christ Church, Mt Vincent - Photo
- Christ Church, Mt Vincent - Plan
- Church of St. Mary-on-Allyn, Allynbrook - Page
- Church of St. Mary-on-Allyn, Allynbrook - Page 2
- Church of St. Mary-on-Allyn, Allynbrook - Photo
- Church of St. Mary-on-Allyn, Allynbrook - Photo 2
- Church of the Epiphany, Lansdowne - Page
- Church of the Epiphany, Lansdowne - Photo
- Holy Trinity, Abermain - Page
- Holy Trinity, Abermain - Photo
- Holy Trinity, Laurieton - Page
- Holy Trinity, Laurieton - Photo
- Holy Trinity, Lochinvar - Page
- Holy Trinity, Lochinvar - Photo
- Lorne - Page
- Martins Creek - Page
- Mission Hall, Kew - Page
- Mission Hall, Kew - Photo
- Mission Hall, Mt. View - Page
- Mission Hall, Pelaw Main - Photo
- Mission Hall, South Singleton - Photo
- Parish Hall, Dungog - Photo
- St. Andrew, Bishop's Bridge - Photo
- Archdeacon Williamson's glass slides of scenes from Australia and South Pacific, religious paintings, and religious instruction.
- Rev. Arnold Towner;
- Rev. Alan Walker;
- Lord Mayor, D.G. McDougall.
- Rev. Francis Dashwood Bode;
- Bode Family.
- Archdeacon Hessey;
- St. James Church, Morpeth [Rev. R.E. Goddard, Rector, in the background];
- Church at Hamilton;
- Archdeacon Coles Child;
- C.A. Brown family photographs.
- St. Margaret's Hostel, Stanmore;
- P.A. Micklem;
- Sibella Macarthur Onslow.
- Christ Church Cathedral;
- Tyrrell Hall;
- Bishopscourt, Morpeth;
- Unidentified churches;
- Part of St. John's Theological College, Morpeth;
- C.A. Brown Anglican Village, Booragul;
- Christ Church Pro-Cathedral;
- Christ Church Cathedral (ca.1970s);
- Morpeth Grammar School for Boys, 1946;
- Sheep at Brenda Station;
- St. Alban's Boys' Home [or farmhouse?].
- Morpeth Pilgrimage (1947). [See also A5318].
- St. Elizabeth's Homes Staff and girls, 1942;
- G.B.R.E. photographs (World War 1);
- Meeting of Bishops at St. Andrew's Cathedral, Sydney, 1868. [See also A5309];
- Synod Newcastle, 1907;
- Dean Selwyn and Mrs. Selwyn;
- Canon O'Riley;
- Bishop Broughton.
- St. Barnabas' Church, East Maitland;
- Archdeacon Tyrrell;
- "Homewood", Maitland (residence of Reg. G.K. Rusden);
- Canon H. Portus, Rector of East Maitland, 1919 - 1928;
- Rev. Lovick Tyrrell, Rector of East Maitland, 1863 - 1903;
- Canon G.K. Rusden, Rector of East Maitland, 1834 - 1859.
- Archdeacon W.E. White of Muswellbrook (1890s);
- St. James' Church, Morpeth.
- St. Paul's Church, West Maitland, 1885 -1936. [See also A5454].
- St. Andrew's Church, Carrington, Port Stephens.
- St. Margaret's Jesmond photographs in Jubilee book, 1929 - 1979.
Photographs of tombstones:
- George Augustus (died May, 1848) and Sarah Middleton, (died 1863);
- Clarence Tyrrell;
- Frances and George Middleton, (died 1900);
- Charles Robert Middleton.
- Place where the Rev. G.A. Middleton conducted his school near Morpeth.
- St. Paul's Murrurundi Centenary booklet with photographs:-
- Rev. V. Nash;
- Canon W. Holmes;
- St. Paul's Murrurundi, 1855;
- Second church, 1882;
- Present church;
- F.R. White;
- Blandford church;
- William Tyrrell;
- Bishop Batty;
- Church at Timor;
- Church at Glen Dhu.
- St. Margaret's Hostel, Stanmore;
- P.A. Micklem;
- S. Macarthur Onslow.
- Brenda Station (c. 1900);
- Brenda Station buildings, 1949.
- Bishop Stanton;
- Bishop Stanton, 1890;
- Bishop Stanton, Archdeacon Plume and an Aboriginal in North Queensland.
- Group of clergy or bishops.
- Bishop Stephen laying the foundation stone of Tyrrell House.
- Bishop Batty;
- Morpeth Pilgrimage, 1947;
- Bishops of New South Wales, 1934.
- St. Barnabas' Church, Yarramalong.
- Children's homes (for details see Orphanage guide)
- Copy of a photograph of a wedding party outside Branxton Anglican Church [c. 1903].
Photographs from A.P. Elkin
- Photographs in booklet St. Paul's Church, Paterson, 1929: St. Paul's Church, Paterson;
- Rev. John Jennings Smith;
- Old Schoolhouse used as church, prior to building of St. Paul's;
- St. Mary's on Allyn;
- St. John's Church, Vacy;
- St. James, Martin's Creek;
- Old St. Anne's, Gresford;
- Jennings Smith's schoolhouse, licensed as a chapel February, 1843, Hungry Hill in the background;
- Captain John Shortland (press clipping);
- Broughton Centenary commemoration at Allynbrook (press clipping);
- Rev. A.P. Elkin (press clipping);
- St. Mary's on Allyn (press clipping).
Photographs and drawings
- St. James' Church, Morpeth, 1840 - 1930s;
- "Closebourne", Morpeth, 1852
- Morpeth photographs and negatives;
- Wollombi photographs;
- Canon Simm [died at Raymond Terrace, 1894];
- Rev. R.G. Boodle;
- John Palmer, R.N.;
- Henry Skillman, 1817 - 1878 [school teacher];
- Hannah Skillman, [died 1878];
- Rev. Coles Child;
- Edward Close;
- Bishop Tyrrell;
- Church of England Synod group, 1898;
- Reverend L.C. Blakemore, St. John's Rectory, Stroud and coach and horse;
- Study at Morpeth Rectory;
- Monument St. John's College, Morpeth.
- St. Luke's Anglican Church, Cessnock, 1890;
- Church of England Grammar School, Morpeth and St. James' Church, Morpeth [the Church of England Grammar School prospectus];
- Bishop Long.
Photographs of maps:
- Brisbane Water, Wollombi, Newcastle, Gloucester, Maitland, 1843;
- Scone, Paterson, Patrick's Plains, Dungog, Clarence Town, Muswellbrook, 1843.
Rev. Carlos Stretch photograph collection:
- St. Paul's Church, West Maitland, 1885 -1936;
- Old Church of England Merriwa, erected 1850;
- Church at Kincumber;
- Group photograph of sailors in front of Missions to Seamen;
- Synod groups, 1912, 1915;
- The old Denominational School at Redwell, parish of Merriwa, used for church services until October, 1927 [photograph 1912];
- All Saints Church, Boolaroo;
1, 2 Aberdeen;
4, 5 Adamstown;
6, 7 Bunnan;
8, 9 Cassilis;
13, 14 Denman;
15 Dora Creek;
16, 17 Gloucester;
20 Kars Springs;
22-25 Kurri Kurri;
29, 30, 31 Merriwa;
32 Old Merriwa Road;
33 Miller's Forest;
35 Muscle Creek;
39-42 Newcastle Pro-Cathedral and Cathedral;
45, 46 Redwell;
47, 48 Scone;
54 West Wallsend;