Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Archives of the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle
Bishops' Registry Records
- Girls Friendly Society handbooks, 1972 -1973;
- The Church Standard, 1911;
- The offices of Holy Week… ;
- The Church Times, January, 1936.
- A history of the Funds, compiled by C.A. Brown, 1955.
- Reports on care of the aged, 1983. [See also A6083];
- The National Conference on alcoholism, August, 1960;
- The Order of the Holy Eucharist, by Rev. J. Norman;
- Report on the decline in churchgoing [by] the Diocese of Newcastle, 1951;
- Armidale Diocesan news, 1915, 1920. Plays including: William Tyrrell… by Francis de Witt Batty, 1947;
- Katharine Audley… by Dorothy Ewens;
- By Royal Command… by Nora W. Collison, 1947;
- Then will she return… by Lesbia Scott, 1948;
- At his command: a pageant play, 1947;
- The Christmas party by Percy Dearmer, 1926.
- Canterbury speaks: sermons and speeches in Australia of… Geoffrey Francis Fisher, 1950;
- Newcastle and Lake Macquarie - Professional and Community Services, by P. Coulter and G. McCalden. [Hunter Valley Research Foundation], (?1967);
- The National Council: Protestant Episcopal Church (background paper on the student "Sit in" protest movement), N.Y. Church Missions House;
- Modern heresies by Ian Shevill;
- The Anglican Church in New South Wales : its position and prospects, by Anglicanus (Pseudonym);
- The Stanton memorial fund;
- Churches and relics in Rome, by G. Burnside;
- Order of Service on the coronation day of King George and Queen Mary. 22nd June, 1911, Church of St. Andrews, Sydney;
- Religion and life week. City Hall, Newcastle, 1943;
- Australian Labor Party: report of proceedings of the 20th Commonwealth Conference, Adelaide, 1953;
- An appeal for the Diocese of Grafton, New South Wales, 1948;
- Printed material relating to The Morpeth Pilgrimage, June 28, 1947;
- Diocese of Newcastle, 1847-1947;
- Pamphlets by and about Bishop Broughton, 1841 - 1936.
Newspaper clippings and pamphlets:
- Photograph of Sir Clements Markham, February, 1916;
- Newcastle Morning Herald… May 12, 1937, containing "Newcastle District School Children's Coronation Pageant";
- The Maitland Daily Mercury, March 8, 1902;
- What the Church of England has done for New South Wales, by Canon F.B. Boyce, 1905;
- Ritualism: a sermon delivered at St. John's Church, Raymond Terrace by the Rev. S. Simm, 1890;
- Personal responsibility of the members of the Church of England: a paper by the Rev. S. Simm presented at a meeting of the Clerical Society, Raymond Terrace, 1891;
- St. Aidan's Church of England, Argenton, Jubilee celebrations, November 11-17, 1951;
- Biblical instruction charts published by the Working Mens Educational Union, 1852;
- Press clipping: "Novel type of river steamer built on the collapsible principle";
- Gifts for Cathedrals;
- Silver Jubilee of King George V, 1935;
- Friends of Reunion;
- General Board of Religious Education;
- International Fixed Calendar League correspondence, 1935;
- The C.E.B.S. "Order of 'Christ the King'";
- Church Gazette: Diocese of Polynesia, [1946?].
- The nature and work of the church, by Rev. F.A. Cockin, 1944;
- "Bishop Crotty - a spiritual leader" from The Times, 1952.
- Year Book of the Diocese of Newcastle, 1916 - 1995 [ongoing series]. [See also Auchmuty Serial S283.94405/1 (1960)].
- Newcastle Diocesan Churchman, 1911 - 1967 (incomplete)
- Newcastle Diocesan Churchman, 1963 - 1967
- Newcastle Diocesan Churchman, 1913 - 1962
- Short account of church work, 1868 - 1878.
- The Parish magazine, 1866 - 1874.
- The Church news, 1910 - 1919.
- The new outlook, 1922;
- The Church Standard, 1919, 1923;
- Pacific Churchman, 1957;
- Christianity today, 1958 - 1960;
- S.P.C.K & Sheldon Press literary bulletin, 1926;
- Jack and Jill, 1926;
- The witness of the Church of England, 1947;
- The Australian Law Times, July 18, 1903;
- The Canberran, 1960;
- The dawn of day, 1926.
- Report of Church Congress, Perth, 1909.
- Constitutions and Canons of the Church of England in the Diocese of Brisbane;
- Standing orders of Synod;
- The Church of England Act, 1895 and Amendment, 1901.
- Report of General Synod on prayer book revision, 1966.
- Press clippings and index book.
- Pamphlets relating to Australia's 150th Centenary celebrations, 1938;
- Pamphlets relating to social welfare, missions, mixed marriages, care of the aged, religious education, 1922 - 1976.
- Girl's Friendly Society handbooks, 1972 -1973;
- The Church Standard, July, 1947;
- The offices of Holy Week… ;
- The Church Times, 1936.
- Report on care of the aged, 1983;
- A history of the funds, by C.A. Brown, 1955.
- Alfred Cayley Thomas, 1832 - 1909… by P.S. Robertson.
- Modern heresies, by Ian Shevill.
- Collection of Parish/church centenary and other commemorative booklets. [See also Elkin papers].