Skip to Main Content
Archives of the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle
Bishops' Registry Records
- Girls Friendly Society handbooks, 1972 -1973;
- The Church Standard, 1911;
- The offices of Holy Week… ;
- The Church Times, January, 1936.
- A history of the Funds, compiled by C.A. Brown, 1955.
- Reports on care of the aged, 1983. [See also A6083];
- The National Conference on alcoholism, August, 1960;
- The Order of the Holy Eucharist, by Rev. J. Norman;
- Report on the decline in churchgoing [by] the Diocese of Newcastle, 1951;
- Armidale Diocesan news, 1915, 1920. Plays including: William Tyrrell… by Francis de Witt Batty, 1947;
- Katharine Audley… by Dorothy Ewens;
- By Royal Command… by Nora W. Collison, 1947;
- Then will she return… by Lesbia Scott, 1948;
- At his command: a pageant play, 1947;
- The Christmas party by Percy Dearmer, 1926.
- Canterbury speaks: sermons and speeches in Australia of… Geoffrey Francis Fisher, 1950;
- Newcastle and Lake Macquarie - Professional and Community Services, by P. Coulter and G. McCalden. [Hunter Valley Research Foundation], (?1967);
- The National Council: Protestant Episcopal Church (background paper on the student "Sit in" protest movement), N.Y. Church Missions House;
- Modern heresies by Ian Shevill;
- The Anglican Church in New South Wales : its position and prospects, by Anglicanus (Pseudonym);
- The Stanton memorial fund;
- Churches and relics in Rome, by G. Burnside;
- Order of Service on the coronation day of King George and Queen Mary. 22nd June, 1911, Church of St. Andrews, Sydney;
- Religion and life week. City Hall, Newcastle, 1943;
- Australian Labor Party: report of proceedings of the 20th Commonwealth Conference, Adelaide, 1953;
- An appeal for the Diocese of Grafton, New South Wales, 1948;
- Printed material relating to The Morpeth Pilgrimage, June 28, 1947;
- Diocese of Newcastle, 1847-1947;
- Pamphlets by and about Bishop Broughton, 1841 - 1936.
Newspaper clippings and pamphlets:
- Photograph of Sir Clements Markham, February, 1916;
- Newcastle Morning Herald… May 12, 1937, containing "Newcastle District School Children's Coronation Pageant";
- The Maitland Daily Mercury, March 8, 1902;
- What the Church of England has done for New South Wales, by Canon F.B. Boyce, 1905;
- Ritualism: a sermon delivered at St. John's Church, Raymond Terrace by the Rev. S. Simm, 1890;
- Personal responsibility of the members of the Church of England: a paper by the Rev. S. Simm presented at a meeting of the Clerical Society, Raymond Terrace, 1891;
- St. Aidan's Church of England, Argenton, Jubilee celebrations, November 11-17, 1951;
- Biblical instruction charts published by the Working Mens Educational Union, 1852;
- Press clipping: "Novel type of river steamer built on the collapsible principle";
- Gifts for Cathedrals;
- Silver Jubilee of King George V, 1935;
- Friends of Reunion;
- General Board of Religious Education;
- International Fixed Calendar League correspondence, 1935;
- The C.E.B.S. "Order of 'Christ the King'";
- Church Gazette: Diocese of Polynesia, [1946?].
- The nature and work of the church, by Rev. F.A. Cockin, 1944;
- "Bishop Crotty - a spiritual leader" from The Times, 1952.
- Year Book of the Diocese of Newcastle, 1916 - 1995 [ongoing series]. [See also Auchmuty Serial S283.94405/1 (1960)].
- Newcastle Diocesan Churchman, 1911 - 1967 (incomplete)
- Newcastle Diocesan Churchman, 1963 - 1967
- Newcastle Diocesan Churchman, 1913 - 1962
- Short account of church work, 1868 - 1878.
- The Parish magazine, 1866 - 1874.
- The Church news, 1910 - 1919.
- The new outlook, 1922;
- The Church Standard, 1919, 1923;
- Pacific Churchman, 1957;
- Christianity today, 1958 - 1960;
- S.P.C.K & Sheldon Press literary bulletin, 1926;
- Jack and Jill, 1926;
- The witness of the Church of England, 1947;
- The Australian Law Times, July 18, 1903;
- The Canberran, 1960;
- The dawn of day, 1926.
- Report of Church Congress, Perth, 1909.
- Constitutions and Canons of the Church of England in the Diocese of Brisbane;
- Standing orders of Synod;
- The Church of England Act, 1895 and Amendment, 1901.
- Report of General Synod on prayer book revision, 1966.
- Press clippings and index book.
- Pamphlets relating to Australia's 150th Centenary celebrations, 1938;
- Pamphlets relating to social welfare, missions, mixed marriages, care of the aged, religious education, 1922 - 1976.
- Girl's Friendly Society handbooks, 1972 -1973;
- The Church Standard, July, 1947;
- The offices of Holy Week… ;
- The Church Times, 1936.
- Report on care of the aged, 1983;
- A history of the funds, by C.A. Brown, 1955.
- Alfred Cayley Thomas, 1832 - 1909… by P.S. Robertson.
- Modern heresies, by Ian Shevill.
- Collection of Parish/church centenary and other commemorative booklets. [See also Elkin papers].