Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
University of Newcastle Library Guides

Researcher Identifiers, Profiles and Social Networks: Web of Science ResearcherID

What is a Web of Science ResearcherID?

A Web of Science ResearcherID is a unique identifier that connects an author with their works across the Web of Science products (Web of Science, Publons, and InCites). 

ResearcherID integrates into the Publons platform. Publons is a platform which records, verifies, and displays peer reviewed contributions of researchers. ResearcherID on Publons allows you to manage your publications, track citation counts and calculate your h-index. You can add publications that are indexed by Web of Science or import them from another source.  

Why register for a Publons account?

If you register for Publons you will be assigned a unique ID number (Web of Science ResearcherID) that remains the same, regardless of whether your name or institution changes, and can: 

  • Import your publications from Web of Science, ORCID or your reference manager (EndNote or Mendeley);
  • Create an online profile showcasing your work as an author, peer reviewer and editor;
  • Track the citation metrics for your publications indexed in the Web of Science Core Collection; and
  • Make it easier for others to find your body of work and identify you as a potential collaborator.

Visit How does Publons work for more information.

How to ResearcherID/Publons

  1. If you previously had a ResearcherID account or already have an account with Publons, Endnote or Web of Science, sign in with your credentials to start using Publons.
  2. Visit Register for Publons for instructions on creating an account.

  1. Visit How to add my publications to Publons for instructions on adding publications.

  1. Visit How does Publons integrate with ORCID to find out more information.