Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- ensures that the University's permanently valuable records and rare book collections are preserved and safeguarded;
- ensures that selected research archival collections of primary source material in the University's regional context are preserved and safeguarded;
- provides archival control in temperature controlled and monitored facility;
- provides access to rare books and archives of on-going importance;
- ensures confidentiality of sensitive material;
- provides prompt reference and research service to approved users;
- maintains a comprehensive website of archival finding aids, access to databases, catalogues, digitised sourcebooks and materials;
- is a recognised regional repository of NSW State Records;
- provides digital and photographic services.
Accessing Special Collections Materials
Everyone is welcome to visit our Special Collections reading room and to view material held in our archives and rare books and special collections.
COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS UPDATE:
- Open BY APPOINTMENT ONLY from 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Before coming to the University, please review our COVID 19 precautions and process, and if a physical visit is still necessary, contact us to make an appointment.
- To make an appointment, please call 02 4921 5354 during business hours or email email@example.com.
- Please DO NOT come to the campus if you are unwell.
Many of the books and items held in our area are valuable, fragile, and sometimes contain material that legally may not be accessed for a certain period. Therefore please note the rules and procedures associated with their use.
Access Special Collections material
Material must be used within the Special Collections Reading Room and may not be borrowed.
Certain material may not be photocopied. Please ask our staff before photocopying or photographing anything.
Please ask our staff if you have any questions about access to our resources.
- Rare books are searchable through the library catalogue.
- If a book is especially fragile, gloves are provided for your use.