Journal alerts save valuable research time, and can be set up to provide automatic e-mail notification whenever a new issue of a particular journal becomes available on EBSCO.
To create a journal alert:
Sign into your My Research account (or create an account) before creating alerts
Browse for a specific journal title from the publications link (top of the ProQuest screen) or identify a publication in your search results.
Click the publication title to display publication details and click the Create alert link (in the bar above the title)
Define your publication alert details.
To manage alerts, click the Alerts tab on your My Research page.
This displays your search and publication alerts in the order you created them; delete, modify or sort alerts into your preferred order.
To set a up a journal alert first create a user account (requires email confirmation to activate account)
To set up your personalised alerts on Scopus follow the instructions in this video http://help.scopus.com/Content/tutorials/sc_Personal.html
Journal alerts notify you by email when a new issue becomes available, to create a alert please sign in.
On ScienceDirect, locate the home page for journal you wish to receive alerts for.
To subscribe to a journal: click Subscribe to New Volume Alerts
To modify a journal alert, click on your username at the top of the screen and choose Manage my Alerts
Journal alerts on Informit use RSS software:
To set up a Journal Alert:
To set up a Journal Alert
1. Select My Workspace, located in the blue banner at the top of the page.
2. Choose My eTOCS, located below the blue banner.
3. Enter your email address in the box provided.
4. A list of journal titles will be displayed.
5. Select the journal required (you can select more than one) and click the up arrow to add the title from the list.
6. Click Update at the bottom of the screen, to save changes.