Harvard referencing uses the author-date style to reference sources in two ways:
- in-text referencing
- This refers to referencing within your writing.
- When referring to ideas or information that you have collected and referred to, the source of the information must be referenced.
- Each reference is indicated by including the author and date of the source referred to. This is also called citing.
- a reference list
- this list appears at the end of your writing
- it includes all of the works you have referred to, or cited with full details