Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The 2020 Research Publications collection is open
Please login to NURO to review your 2020 publications and provide any additional information requested by 26th June 2021:
1. Add, Claim and Nominate Category 1 publications and Non-Traditional Research Outputs NTROs only (A1, B1, C1, E1)
NURO homepage > My Actions > click Claim your Publications > click Claim (if yours) or Reject (Not Yours)
NURO homepage > click Menu > click Annual Collection > My Nominations > click Nominated Publications
2. Add any missing publications into NURO by creating a record
NURO homepage> Publications > click +ADD NEW
3. Review and respond to any requests for information or evidence of peer review (click the File Upload icon to attach files)
NURO homepage > click Menu > click Annual Collection > My Nominations > click Nominated Publications > Publications requiring attention
Further questions: contact Research Performance
Publications Collection Process
Processes for Annual Publications Collection
- Review/assess publications from the current year Nominated queue only (currently 2020 and 2021 publication years)
- Unclaimed and not-nominated publications are not reviewed/assessed
- Assess and record Category 1 research outputs only. Non-category 1 publications are marked as declined in NURO. They will still display on publications profiles.
- Prioritise assessment of nominated A1’s and C1’s
- Unclaimed publications will not be claimed on behalf of UON authors
- Requests for further information to enable Category 1 assessment are made only within the NURO system Researchers must login and respond to requests for information within NURO.
- Correct and/or add missing data for Category 1 research outputs only for bibliographic citation elements only (unless advised otherwise).
- UON affiliated authors identified in the publication by-line will be the only authors identified. Publications with no UON affiliation are marked as declined in NURO.
Requirements for UON authors
Researchers are asked to regularly login to NURO to:
- Claim their publications
- Nominate Category 1 research outputs only (A1,B1,C1,E1)
- Add any missing publications into NURO by creating a record
- Regularly login and respond to any Notifications in NURO (requests for information or evidence of peer review).
Engaging with NURO
UON author engagement with NURO could be optimised by the following strategies:
- Logging into NURO more frequently to review pending publications and respond to notifications
- Turning on search settings for staff/HDR students who publish (if they are currently turned off)
- Reviewing and optimising search settings publications searches in NURO across its major publishing databases
- Registering and/or linking an existing ORCID to UON via NURO
- Linking Scopus Author ID and ResearcherID via NURO - this will automatically claim matching publications.
Non-Traditional Research Outputs (NTROs)
Further guidance will be available in 2021. Please see the NTRO Guidelines
Guide to registering for ORCID via NURO
Registering for an ORCID in NURO