This guide provides information for University of Newcastle academic and research staff about the collection of research outputs associated with the University of Newcastle, primarily for the annual Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC).
Data about the following publication types are collected and reported to the Department of Industry. This results in funding allocations returned to the University. Eligible publication types collected for the HERDC process must meet specific criteria and include:
- Book chapters
- Peer reviewed journal articles and
- Peer reviewed, fully published conference papers
The HERDC Research Publications Collection is handled jointly by staff from the Library and Research Services, with Research Services having ultimate responsibility for the submission to the government. Data populates individual online researcher profiles.
NURO RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS SYSTEM
The University has launched a new publications sytem. NURO harvests many publications automatically, increasing the speed at which research publication profiles are updated. The new system will allows researchers to manually enter their own publications. Library staff will continue to manage the verification of publications data for the annual publications collection.
2013 Publications Collection
The 2013 Research Publications Collection is now open. All publications are now reported via the NURO publications system. To nominate your publications:
1. Log in to NURO, using your UoN username and password.
2. Claim all of your 2013 publications harvested from the databases.
3. Add any other publications you published in 2013
4. Nominate your publications in the HERDC module within NURO.
5. Supply any further information as requested by library staff.
The deadline for adding 2013 publications into NURO is 31 March 2014