NURO is the University of Newcastle's research publications management system, now available to all researchers.
NURO searches the Web of Science, Scopus and PubMed databases on a fortnightly basis harvesting potential publications for our researchers, based on individual search settings. All previously recorded publications information has been migrated to NURO. When the system finds potential new publications, you will receive an automated email alert, asking you to ‘claim’ or ‘reject’ the publications. You also have the ability to manually enter those publications not found in the online databases. Once a publication is claimed or added within NURO it will appear on your online profile after 48 hours.
NURO will be used to manage the annual Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC) via a module within NURO. After you have claimed your 2014 publications, the system will automatically nominate them for the publications collection. Publications that have been manually added to the system will need to be manually nominated within the HERDC module. The Library will continue to verify and categorise publications for the HERDC.
Academic staff who publish should log into the system and do the following:
- Download the NURO User Guide available at right, or on the help page located within the NURO system
- Check and/or adjust your personal search settings to ensure the system is finding as many of your publications as possible
- Claim or reject any pending publications
- Add any 2014 publications not found by the databases, once you are satisfied that your search settings are correct, and all possible publications in the databases have been claimed
- Nominate your 2014 publications in the HERDC module, accessible by clicking on the 'HERDC' tab in NURO.
NURO User Guides
To arrange a NURO Training or Information Session please contact your Faculty Liaison Librarian